The Great Rift Valley

Thursday, January 7, 2010

White as Snow.


Today is a brand new day. Isn't it good to be made brand new? Behold! He makes all things new. As a slate board is washed clean, O Lord so my soul!

Being a little Catholic girl, I was taught all about my soul. I believed that it was encased with in my core being. As a child, I pictured it living near my spine. Pink, rubbery and soft, my soul had the shape of an elongated cigar.

When ever I sinned, I believed that my lovely soul was left with a dark stain. Every night before I fell asleep, I'd search my heart, and I'd see a mental picture of how my soul was doing. And there it was...another red stain. Why in my mind's eye it was red, and not black, I've no idea. It was simply crimson red.

As a seven year old child, I had never read nor searched the Bible. I'd never heard the message, "Tho' even though your sins be as scarlet, I will make them white as snow." Yet, as my little heart examined the state of my soul, I found my sins to be as scarlet.

Yet as certain that I was about my scarlet sins, I simply knew with all of my heart, That HE would wash them away and that He would make all things NEW.

2 comments:

  1. A soul all pink and rubbery, cigar shaped. YES! This is good. I feel a poem coming on :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I couldn't agree MORE! Fantastic imagery to encase your story. Really love it.

    ReplyDelete

__________________________________________